Get involved and give back by joining the South River (NJ) March for Marrow Walk/3K Fun Run! REGISTER NOW.
This event is a fun and festive walk -- and run -- to raise community awareness about bone marrow failure disease while raising much needed funds for the Aplastic Anemia MDS International Foundation (AAMDSIF) to provide programs and services to help patients and families.
Both the 3K Fun Run and the Walk will be held on Sunday, June 5 in downtown South River, NJ. The 3K Fun Run will begin at 9:30am, with registration beginning at 8:30 am. The walk will begin at 10:00 am, with registration beginning at 9:00 am.
This walk and 3K event is being organized by AAMDSIF volunteer Dorothy Zajac. She was inspired to organize this event to raise awareness about bone marrow failure disease in her community in memory of her dear father Richard Zajac, and she hopes you can join them.
Both the 3K race and 1.5 mile walk courses will wind through the streets of South River. Festivities include team photos, inspirational speakers, awards, light refreshments, and a day of fun connecting with fellow patients and families affected by a bone marrow failure disease to raise awareness and funds.
Plan to spend your morning and afternoon with us!
Detailed information about the South River March for Marrow Walk/3K Fun Run can be found on the registration site. Be sure to check the site frequently for updated information!
How can YOU help?
• Register to walk & recruit walkers (friends, co-workers, neighbors, student groups) to your team.
• Ask your families & friends to sponsor you, collecting donations in person or online through your personal FriendRaising page.
• Set a goal to raise at least $250 (only 10 donations of $25 each) through your personal FriendRaising page or by turning in contributions at the Walk
• Volunteer during the event
• Have fun with us on 6/5/15 as we walk -- and run -- for March for Marrow!
Questions? Please contact Martha Crews, Community Development Officer.