What are the HelpLine Hours?
The AAMDSIF HelpLine is staffed between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. If you call after hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day. You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is online chat available?
Yes. It is available on the lower right side of the website. You can chat with our HelpLine staff 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Eastern time, Monday through Friday. If chat is turned off, or our staff is serving another person, you can leave a message and someone will get back to you the next business day.
What do we do?
The AAMDSIF HelpLine has trained information specialists standing by to answer your questions about aplastic anemia, MDS or PNH. We can also provide emotional support, guidance and referrals to national and local resources.
Who do we help?
We can help anyone interested in or affected by a bone marrow failure disease. This includes:
- People living with aplastic anemia, MDS, PNH or related bone marrow failure diseases
- Caregivers and friends of someone living with a bone marrow failure disease
- Anyone who simply wants to learn more about these diseases
How can we help you?
The AAMDS HelpLine provides telephone support, answers emails and responds to online posts.
Some of the topics our information specialists respond to most often include:
- Understanding bone marrow failure diseases
- Available treatment options
- Finding an expert in your disease
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Support groups and AAMDSIF Community Connections
- Emotional support
- Getting connected with a Peer Support Network volunteer
- Educational Conferences and courses
- Requests for free print materials
- Referrals to resources that may provide financial assistance
Get help now by calling the HelpLine at 1 (800) 747-2820, option 2, or emailing us at email@example.com.