Opportunities for You, Your Family and Friends to Make Meaningful and Important Contributions to Help Patients and Families
AA&MDSIF has a great base of support, but we are still a small organization with a great vision for how we can reach more patients, families and health professionals with expanded and much-needed programs and services if we had additional resources.
This gift opportunity list outlines ways you can contribute significantly to advancing AA&MDSIF’s programs by investing in major projects this year as we fulfill our mission to fight bone marrow failure diseases through patient support and research. We also encourage support of our general operations and ongoing programs critical to our function as an efficient organization and our mission to patients and families.
Please consider making a gift in honor or memory of a loved one, in celebration of your successful treatment, or in appreciation of the answers, support and hope AA&MDSIF has given you and your family. Support for each of these gift opportunities can come from a single gift, a series of gifts during the year, or the collaborative giving of family and friends. We can also help you in your outreach to family and friends, if you like.
Our board members and Development Director, Sandra Walter, look forward to talking with you in the days ahead, and providing you with more information about the program areas and gift levels that interest you.
We welcome your organizing a fundraising /awareness raising event in your community and reaching out to your family, friends and colleagues. Please call us to talk about your interests at (301) 279-7202 x104 or email email@example.com.
Annual Program Support
- Provides for all programs. Gifts of all amounts welcome, with special recognition at $10,000+
- For Kids Only program for children at a Patient & Family Conference - $15,000
- Talking to a Child About Bone Marrow Failure Disease illustrated book - $25,000
- Young Survivors Program to meet needs of patients/former patients 18-28 years old - $20,000
Patient Information Materials & Packets
- Families Coping with Bone Marrow Failure Disease - patient education booklet - gift of $20,000
- Understanding Your Disease - Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH Books - $20,000
- Patient Information Packets - Critically important to patients newly diagnosed who receive these at no charge. Approximately 2,500 sent annually by priority mail to ensure fast arrival because we know time is critical when facing a new diagnosis of an often-unknown disease. - $60,000/year or dedicate a month’s mailing for $5,000/month and we’ll put your personal message of hope with each kit.
- Language Translation of Educational Materials - per language sponsorship would be $15,000 per AA&MDSIF brochure; $75,000 for complete educational packet. Priority is Spanish with need for other languages being explored.
Building Communities of Support
- Peer Support Network - 1 year named dedication/sponsorship - $15,000
- Communities of Hope - $15,000 per community sponsorship; or $10,000 general gift toward all
- Hope, Steps & A Cure Community Awareness Walk Program - $10,000 to support national outreach in your community to initiate a volunteer organizing committee
Online Learning Center
- Online Learning Center –1 year named sponsorship - $10,000 co-sponsorship; or $50,000 full sponsor
News & Information
- Patients and Families News Briefs - 4 issues/year, written health information updates focusing on each disease –choose from aplastic anemia, MDS or PNH- $15,000/issue or $50,000/series
- The Insider – print newsletter, 2-3 issues/annually –$15,000/issue co-sponsorship; $35,000 sole sponsor
- eInsider electronic newsletter –12/annually - $10,000/monthly issue to sponsor/dedicate to a loved one; $75,000/year
- Web site – $5,000 annual as co-sponsor; $250,000/year as lead sponsor
AA&MDSIF as Partner in Patient Care
- Health Professionals eInsider – 4 issues annually - $25,000 per issue
Regional Patient & Family Conferences
- Celebration of Hope Sponsor–$10,000 per location; $50,000 for the series
- Standing Up for Your Health Lunch Program - $5,000 per location; $25,000 for the series
- Named Research Fund - $60,000 minimum gift helps fund a scientific/medical research project for 2-years for either a new or established investigator
- Research is Hope Fund - Gifts of $5,000+ are welcome to AA&MDSIF's Research is Hope Fund. Direct your gift to aplastic anemia, MDS, PNH or bone marrow failure disease research.
- Scientific Symposium – international collaborative of leading bone marrow failure disease scientists and researchers convened by AA&MDSIF every two years. $100,000 named sponsor; $25,000 co-sponsor; $35,000 sponsorship of lay language summary for patients.
Online Learning Center
Find out how you can further research and treatment. Act now!