Dallas Conference Wrap Up
In late September, AA&MDSIF brought together small but resilient group of 53 patients, family members, friends, and health care professionals for the Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH Patient & Family Conference. Thanks to our excellent presenters and enthusiastic attendees, the fifth conference of 2012 was a success.
The Sessions and the Experts
Nine informative and relevant sessions on bone marrow failure disease were presented, along with three support forums. These interactive sessions provided attendees with a valuable opportunity to not only learn about the latest developments in research, clinical trials, and patient care, but to also have some one-on-one time to speak with some of the foremost experts in the field.
A Sense of
Since many patients have never met another person with aplastic anemia, MDS or PNH, these conferences are ideal for patients to meet with others who can honestly say: “I know what you are going through.” Connections were made, stories were shared, and many patients left having made a new friend. One of our goals is to make sure that our conference attendees stay connected and find the support they need.
The day ended with the uplifting and empowering Celebration of Hope where the attendees were truly inspired by Linda Kemper. Linda spoke eloquently about her journey; the support and love of her family, especially her husband and children.
If you weren’t able to attend any of our first five conferences, please consider joining us in Chicago. We hope it will be convenient for you to attend. In the meantime, there are many opportunities for you to learn, gain support, and connect with others through AA&MDSIF.
- Talk with a trained Peer Support Network volunteer.
- Find a Community of Hope support group in your area.
- Check out the resources on our Online Learning Center. You'll find more than 100 video education programs, including sessions recorded at our 2011 conferences.
- Contact our patient educator for answers to your questions. Call (800) 747-2820, option 1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
- Learn about the latest research on aplastic anemia, MDS, and PNH.
- Consider becoming a Peer Support Network Volunteer, conducting a fundraising event, or helping AA&MDSIF move important legislation forward by contacting your federal representative.
We thank Dallas attendees for joining us and hope that you left feeling more connected and better informed. Please remember that we are always here to you with answers, support, and most importantly hope.
Online Learning Center
Find out how you can further research and treatment. Act now!