Get involved and give back by joining the 3rd Annual San Antonio Hope, Steps & A Cure 5K Run/Walk! Registration is now open. Register now!
This annual event will be held on Sunday, March 10th at the Wheatley Heights Sports Complex in San Antonio. The 5K begins at 8:00 am (registration opens at 6:30 am) and the walk begins at 10:00 am (registration opens at 9:00 am).
On Saturday, March 9th, we are hosting a welcome reception for all patients, families, friends, and 5K participants from 5:30 pm -7:00 pm at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. This is a wonderful opportunity to spend time and connect with other patients and families in a relaxed setting. More details can be found on the walk registration site.
The San Antonio Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk is a fun and festive walk -- and run -- to raise community awareness about bone marrow failure disease while raising much needed funds for the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation (AA&MDSIF) to provide programs and services to help patients and families. Read about last year's fun and exciting walk on our website.
Locally in Texas, AA&MDSIF is helping more than 4,000 patients and family members fighting these diseases. This walk is being organized by Texas bone marrow failure disease patients and their families Stephanie Hamm, Monica Fairchild, Ginger Caron, Haley Caron, and Patty Sprain. Learn more about these wonderful volunteers.
Walk day festivities include a raffle featuring many exciting items, door prizes, light refreshments, inspirational speakers, and a day of fun connecting with fellow patients and families affected by a bone marrow failure disease to raise awareness and funds. Plan to spend your morning and afternoon with us!
How can YOU help?
• Volunteer during the event
• Register to walk & recruit walkers (friends, co-workers, neighbors, student groups) to your team.
• Ask your families & friends to sponsor you, collecting donations in person or online through your personal FriendRaising page.
• Set a goal to raise at least $250 (only 10 donations of $25 each) through your personal FriendRaising page or by turning in contributions at the Walk
• Have fun with us on 3/10/13 as we walk for Hope, Steps & A Cure!
Questions? Please contact Martha Crews, Community Development Manager.