Get involved and give back by joining the 2nd Annual Milwaukee Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk!
The event will be held on Saturday, May 4 on the campus of Arrowhead High School in Hartland, WI, just outside of Milwaukee. The Walk will begin at 10:00 am, with registration beginning at 9:00 am.
The Milwaukee Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk is a fun and festive walk -- and run -- to raise community awareness about bone marrow failure disease while raising much needed funds for the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation (AA&MDSIF) to provide programs and services to help patients and families.
This walk is being organized by Brandi Wright. Brandi is an aplastic anemia survivor. She was inspired to organize this walk to raise awareness in the Milwaukee community. The Arrowhead High School Key Club has been an integral part of the walk committee. Without their help and volunteer assistance, this walk would not be possible.
Registration begins at 9:00 am and will take place inside the cafeteria South Campus at Arrowhead High School.
The walk will be a one-three mile course around the track of the high school. Everyone is welcome to walk! The course is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Following the walk, there will be light appetizers, beverages, and a silent auction. And there will be fun activities for the children -- hand-stamps and stickers!
If you have questions about the event, please contact Brandi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information about the Milwaukee Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk can be found on our Web site. Be sure to check the site frequently for updated information!
How can YOU help?
• Register to walk & recruit walkers (friends, co-workers, neighbors, student groups) to your team.
• Ask your families & friends to sponsor you, collecting donations in person or online through your personal FriendRaising page.
• Set a goal to raise at least $250 (only 10 donations of $25 each) through your personal FriendRaising page or by turning in contributions at the Walk
• Volunteer during the event
• Have fun with us on 5/4/13 as we walk for Hope, Steps & A Cure!
Questions? Please contact Martha Crews, Community Development Manager.