AA&MDSIF is co-sponsoring three symposia intended to provide updates on the most recent research related to the biology and clinical management of bone marrow failure diseases, including myelodysplastic syndromes, aplastic anemia, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria, and myeloproliferative neoplasms. The overall goal of each continuing education symposium is to facilitate the translation of research findings into clinical practice and to improve the care of these patient populations.
At each event, local and national Hematology/Oncology experts will focus on the latest advances in the diagnosis, genetic characteristics, pathology, and treatment options for these diseases. The intended audience for the symposium includes hematologists, medical oncologists, internists, pathologists, residents/fellows, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and allied health professionals treating patients with bone marrow failure diseases.
Friday, October 24, 2014
8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Eric P. Newman Education Center (EPNEC), Seminar Room B
Washington University Medical Center
320 S. Euclid Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110.
8:00 – 8:30 am Registration
& Continental Breakfast
8:30 am – 1:00 pm Program (lunch and breaks included)
- Camille Abboud, MD, Professor, Department of Medicine, Oncology Division and Bone Marrow Transplantation & Leukemia Section, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Monica Bessler, MD, PhD, Professor in Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Director, Pediatric & Adult Comprehensive Bone Marrow Failure Center, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Morey Blinder, MD, Professor, Department of Medicine, Hematology Division, Department of Pathology & Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Eric Duncavage, MD, Department of Hematopathology and Immunology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Meagan Jacoby, MD, PhD, Instructor in Medicine, Washington University in St. Louis
- Brady Stein, MD, MHS, Assistant Professor, Hematology/Oncology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine